Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connection Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

FUBAR911

MIS
Sep 30, 2002
GB
I have a problem with removing the "connection bar" from windows XP remote desktop. On the connection that I saved I un-ticked the box on the Display tab but it still appears. I have searched the internet far and wide but could only find other people with the same problem but no answers.

Help would be much appreciated.

Any suggestions are welcom.

Thank You

I use RDC on two of my machines to connect to my remote servers. On one of these pc's I have saved connections and the connection bar does not appear. On the other machine I manually connect to them and the connection bar does. There is a reason for this.

Before you click the CONNECT button, click on the Options button instead.

Go to the Display tab

Drag the bar all the way to MORE (on the right) so that the screen size says FULL

Uncheck "Display the connection bar when in full screen mode"

Now when you first connect you will see the bar, until you log in and then it will disappear. You should not see the bar at all after that.

To toggle between full screen and another view, hold down CTRL+ALT+BREAK

This way you don't have to Start>Log Off and lose any running programs, you can just X out like any other program.

Remote Desktop Connection Does Not Stay Minimized

"Also, this behavior is independent of the Connection bar being pinned, so that it hides in the top of the screen".

Click on the so called "pin" to make the bar disappear and (I believe) just put the mouse arrow at the top of the screen to make it appear again.

Thank you for the replies but unfortunately it didn’t solve my problem. The problem is that I am unable to get rid of the connection bar. I have configured a Win XP machine as a thin client by replacing the shell with a custom shell. I don’t want users to be able to minimize the TS screen once a connection has been made. I have removed the tick and moved the bar to full screen but to no avail. Every time I move the mouse to the top of the screen the connection bar reappears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back