Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting with Access or Excel 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

luceze

Programmer
Apr 26, 2001
US
I can connect to every table but the Customer, JrnlHeader, and JrnlRow tables. I get an ODBC error when trying to link to the customer table. I can link to the jrnl tables but the data just shows #error in every field. Has anyone seen this before?

Win2K
OfficeXP

Hi meph,
Looks like you can update it only with PawCom.
"...Despite Craig's rather cryptic comment it is pretty easy and reliable to get Peachtree data into MS Access with PawCom.
You don't need ODBC - the PawCom object library makes direct calls to Peachtree's Btrieve files in exactly the same way that Peachtree itself does.

Bob Walraven
Architect of PawCom"

Nexpress,

I actually got updating to work ( I am using the latest Pervasive engine, 9.1 ). I initially tried to update the record in place in the results display grid in the Pervasive Data Control Center application, and I was ( and still am ) getting the '46' error.Thats when I posted to this thread. But later I tried using a query to update the table, such as INSERT or UPDATE, and that seems to work fine....

That's interesting! I tried trial Pervasive (but don't remember a version) and it didn't work. Are you working with commersial Pervasive or trial version?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back