Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting two Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chim

MIS
Jun 2, 2003
US
What are the limitations of connecting two Merlin Legend systems together with a 100D card? If possible, I’d like to connect two switches together and use the same voicemail, trucks, and extensions, etc.

Can a second system be seamlessly tied into an existing system?

Well, voicemail and extensions will work, but those trucks might have a little trouble traveling through 24 guage wire. Sorry, couldn't resist. Seemless, well, seemless is a very useless word. It all depends on what you are looking for, so far, you can do everything you asked. If your looking for coverage of another extension, it will take a little bit of programming. If your looking for busy indicators or primary coverage buttons over the UDP, forget it.

My goal is that no employee will realize they’re on a separate phone switch, that I can move employees between the two switches and they will see no difference.

From what you’re telling me I’m 95% towards that goal. Everything will appear the same to employees, but I’ll have to watch who has coverage to each others phones? That the main limitation will be that a secretary and a manager can’t be on different switches because they won’t be able to use covering extensions.

Is that correct? No other limitations that you see?

Nope, I don't really see any. Most common solutions can be resolved with foward and coverage and minipulation of the UDP. As far as everything else, you can transfer back and forth, display options will notify who is calling. Centralized VM was started in the R6.1 Legend. Then again, those people who have wierd requests always seem to come out of the woodwork. A good book to read is the Network Refrence guide for the R6.1. You can download it at AVAYA's website. Hopefully this link works:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back