Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting two PBX's together

Status
Not open for further replies.

skill1

IS-IT--Management
Mar 31, 2003
US
Currently I have a G3r V11 at my corporate office with 3 Avaya analog voice mux's at my warehouse that's connected by 3 point to point T1's. I want to replace the mux's with a CSI V11 PBX that I have removed from another site. Can someone explain how I would configure both switches to allow the CSI to make outbound calls through the T1's to the G3r and out its PRI's. Extension to extension dialing works between both sites.

Thanks
Randy

Well keep the point to point to establish a DCS trunk group. You might be able to reduce the amount of point to points from 3 to 1 or 2 depending on intersite traffic. The DCS trunk group will allow for station to station dialing between sites. To place public network calls use the same trunk group to route your calls over the G3si's ARS route patterns. Just make sure you insert the ARS digit for the other site in the route pattern forms. Most of the time it will be a 9.

koglass
Can you list a print out on how to insert the ARS (9) digit in the route pattern? As of right now when dialing offnet from the CSI the calls are going to my operator but station to station calls work fine.

Thanks
Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back