Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting two norstar system together

Status
Not open for further replies.

power23boy

Technical User
Aug 30, 2005
BB
I would like to have some info on connecting norstar systems at two sites. I have not yet found out the software Rls , the two systems are 0x32 and Ics Compact.
Thanks a lot any0ne.

Don't believe you can put a DTI card in a CICS. Only way I can see to network a CICS to a MICS is to use a VOIP gateway and some analog trunk ports on the CICS, and the same on the MICS.

If they were both MICS units, you'd have a few more options.

Thanks Guys, I would be meeting the client on thursday I would have somthing more specific for you guys.

I have a look at the two system to day,one expanded MICS and an ICS compact systems I have never work with the norstar VOIP gateway your help would be appriciated.
In this sceanario can I used ADSL between the gateways,this link up is voice only what would be your recomendation.

I've never worked with the Norstar VOIP gateway either - I think it's a pretty hokey setup. It surprising that Nortel hasn't come out with something bettter.

That being said, you could probably use DSL as the link between the sites. You'll be at the mercy of the Internet in terms of bandwidth and QOS. I'd recommend some type of VPN between the systems as opposed to placing the gateways directly on the Internet. If the DSL lines give dynamic IP's, you'll have a problem with IP addresses changing intermittently. You'd need static addresses at both ends if not using VPN, or a static address at one of the ends if doing VPN.

I am thinking I want to dial extension from system to the other system would this allow me to?.Would I have to use an ATA at one site?.
through the gateway and the other site go from the gateway to the trunk card?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back