Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting to Win2000 RAS Server from Win98??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi,

I would be grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction because this problem is driving me mad!
I have set up RAS on Windows 2000 Server.
Everything seems ok network wise but when I try to connect remotely to the server using dial up networking from a Win98 machine I receive the message
"Error 650 The computer you are dialing into does not respond to a network request"
The error seems to be quite common when looking around on the MS website but as of yet I have found no solution. I have checked my config for obvious errors and there seem to be none but if you can offer any advise then please let me know.

Thanks.

make sure that you put the server information into the LMHOST file. It is a *.sam file. Save it without an extension. good luck JBead

Or you could just give the Win98 user rights to dial in. Have you checked this yet. Sounds like you don't have this setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back