Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting to UC module web page after install 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

siplyconfused

Technical User
Oct 31, 2012
GB
Hi

I've got 2 IPO systems, both with UC modules, running 8.0(44) software.

I cannot connect to the web server on the UC module. If I telnet to port 7070 on the IPO's address then the connection works to a web server but if I try to browse to it then the browser just hangs. I can browse to the IPO web page no problem so its not browser or PC specific

Anyone got any ideas.

My problem is we build the systems for another company and they are very specific on software versions we can use so updating the switch is currently not an option

Anyone got any suggestions on what to look at

Many thanks for any help

Rich

Yes , thats what I try to do but it doesn't bring up a login screen

It should do that.
I would try to restart the webcontrol service from a ssh terminal.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Hi

I tried that but cannot ssh to it either. I'm thinking that I can't do that as I havn't been able to get onto the module to change the IP address yet

I'll try a keyboard & hdmi monitor to connect direct. I'm just puzzled why this is happening on 2 systems though - one I could understand having issues but both behaving identically implies a more fundamental problem

Thanks

Rich

Firewall on your pc blocking traffic to 7070?

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Firewall on PC is off and I can telnet to 7070 on the IPO address so its not blocking on ports

Strange as i never had this issue.

BAZINGA!

Went and dug out a monitor and USB keyboard, logged directly into the module

Then went and browsed to the website on the UC module. On the console monitor (the one plugged straight into the UC module) I get the following error

pch_gbe: Transfer Length Error: skb len 1522 > max: 1522

So it confirms I'm hitting the UC web server, its just not able to function correctly

Even more puzzled now

Rich

Sounds corrupt to me
as it is not yet in a production site I suggest reinstalling the OS from a USB stick & starting again.

Now I'm angry !

finally got to the screen, I plugged in my XP netbook and it worked.

Then I tried it on a windows 32 bit machine - it worked !

But it doesn't work on the 64 bit machines our build teams use - go figure !

Thanks for all the suggestions folks at least this thread may save someone else a load of time

Rich

Which web browser are the build team using, it could be an Internet Exploder issue. try a standards compatible browser and see if you have any better luck.

otherwise I would go back to checking firewall & Anti-virus settings

* given for confirming your resolution, even no fault worth knowing (possibly more so)

Could it be a IE10 issue?(win8)
Although i am running Win8 it is a 32bit version

BAZINGA!

I also tried firefox and chrome on the 64 bit machines so it wasn't directly browser related

Firefox on my XP netbook was fine.

Weird.
My money is on something blocking the port, but that is odd as you can telnet the port
if you ever find a cure for these machines don't forget to post an update

I'll take your money - nothing is blocking the port :)

Firefox is a 32 bit browser even on 64 bit machines
I tried IE in 32 bit mode, no result with either

Operating system is Win 7 64 bit

Given the small number of units we get with the UC module we will use an old xp laptop to set them up, I'm not going to waste any more time on this issue.

Thanks for everyones input & suggestions, much appreciated

Rich

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit with Chrome and never had an issue with connecting to a UC Module... Weird

I will retest once the software changes have been made to the UC module by the build team, maybe a version issue there

Rich

This is the first US module I have set up. It is working but I can't connect to it.

I'm having the same issues. I set up up following the instructions I had. I accessed the UC Module via the then assigned the UC module it's own IP, and now when I go to I get nothing. Am I going about this wrong? It won't connect when I go to anymore either.

I believe I have it connected correctly. I'be got one patch cord from LAN1 to my switch, and my laptop is plugged into that same switch. I am having no issued connecting to the IP office.

This is the first US module I have set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back