Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting to the server??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

bfletch

MIS
May 3, 2000
US
I am trying to connect to my server using specified TCP/IP addresses. I originally had TCP/IP and NetBUEI setup on each workstation. When I deleted the NetBUEI on the machines, not all of the machines would connect to the server, only some would. I have looked at each setup and they are identical, what could be the problem. When I install NetBUEI on the ones that are not connecting, they then connect with no problem. Any suggestions?? Thanks for any help.

The best thing to do is setup WINS on one of your Domain Controllers. Then, each machine willbe able to connect to everything using only TCP/IP. You can configure the WINS database on the domain controller and then point all the NT clients at the database using the WINS tab in the network controll panel on workstation. The database will write it's own information once you start the whole process off.
This link should show you everything:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back