Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting to SQLBase

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrm03

Programmer
Apr 30, 2003
US
Hello. I am trying to connect to the Gupta SQLBase in VB using the following connection string:

cnConnection.Provider = "SQLBASEOLEDB"
cnConnection.ConnectionString = "User ID=*******;Password=******;Data Source=*servername*;Initial Catalog=" & sDatabase
cnConnection.ConnectionTimeout = 90
cnConnection.CommandTimeout = 90
cnConnection.Open

I keep getting the error message:

"Can't load any communication DLLs. Network may not be installed"

Any information on this would be appreciated. I can not seem to get around this error message. Thanks!

HI,
I'm not sure but I semms like you should look at your SQL.INI file that SQLBase uses.
Maybe something to do here.
I'm trying to do the same as you, I got another error :
Here's my cnnString :
"Provider=SQLBaseOLEDB;Data source=ISLAND;" & _
"Location=server1;User Id=SYSADM;Password=SYSADM"
I got the Error :
Cannot open SQL.INI configuration file for read or write
Hope we can help us togheter

I was able to work my way through the first error by installing the software that actually uses the SQLBase, but now I have come across another hurdle. It seems like the connection goes through but when I go to read the first line in the RecordSource, I get the error: "Operation is not allowed when object is closed" I have looked at the SQL.ini file, but see nothing there that really makes much sense. We have been able to make a connection to multiple types of databases before using a variety of methods, but I am still not able to get into SQLBase. I am wondering if there is anything that I need to do on the server-side of things to make this connection go through. ANY ideas would be appreciated since I am at my end with this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back