Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting to Server / Windows 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

hstijnen

Programmer
Nov 13, 2002
NL
Hi,
I've just installed Interbase on a server with Windows2003. Now I want to connect from my workstation with IBConsole. I've added a new server. But Login failed.

Is it perhaps a security item on the server? (I've enough network rights)

Henk

Interbase on a server with Windows2003"

What version of InterBase?

"But Login failed."

What was the error?

"I've enough network rights"

You only need TCP/IP access to the server, nothing more.

Martijn Tonies
Database Workbench - the developer tool for InterBase, Firebird, MySQL & MS SQL Server

I'm using Interbase 7.

I just got a message from my supplier that Borland stated Interbase is supported by Windows Server 2003 in version 7.1. According Help | Info I have version 1.1.0.11.

The error message is:
Unable to complete network request to host "server_4".
Failed to establish a connection.

I have checked the Communication Diagnostics for the server (tab TCP/IP, Service gds_db). The test result is:
Attempting connection to server_4.
Socket for connection obtained.

Failed to connect to host 'server_4',
on port gds_db. Error Num: Socket Error # 10061
Connection refused..

TCP/IP Communication Test Failed!

Hi,

InterBase itself doesn't have a "According Help | Info I have version 1.1.0.11." -- that's IBConsole. The client tool (and better look at third-party tools for real development ;-) )...

To get the right version of InterBase, right click the "ibserver.exe" and select "Properties" and the "Version" tab.

Is InterBase running on the server?

Is there some kind of firewall active?

Martijn Tonies
Database Workbench - the developer tool for InterBase, Firebird, MySQL & MS SQL Server

The problem has been solved: stopping and restarting interbase en ibguard appeared sufficient.....

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back