Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting to Novell Netware servers using DOS 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Im trying to figure out how to do this but I don't know how. I am just wondering how to connect to Novell server using DOS. Connecting and making it a LAN that is. I need to know this so I can get extra points in my Computer class and Im at a pretty low grade right now. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you all.

Ok, thanks guys. This is going to be harder than I thought. I will return.

Ok, IP or IPX?

I have an IP bootdisk that I can email to you if you like? DOn't use IPX bootdisks anymore.

(By the way, IP bootdisks are not supported by Novell - for some odd reason!?!)

This message is for TheLad..... I would really like to take a look at your IP boot disk.. I have been trying to figure out how to run 2.71 and connect only through IP... My email is chris.mackowski@eds.com
-Thanks
Chris

Yes... I would appreciate checking out this IP Boot Disk.

bilshaw@adelphia.net

Thanks

to TheLad
Hi,If you don't mind,would you send me the IP boot disk?
I would like to check it...
Thanks,

Welly Lai
squall_well@yahoo.com

Sorry for the lack of response guys, will sort it from home tonight! "My mamma used to say that life is like a box of chocolates .... you never know what you're gonna get!"

Yep, he's right. you will need the following files;
lsl
ipxodi
nic_driver
netx.exe or vlm.exe (if using vlm.exe you will need to edit the config.sys to put a lastdrive=z statement
then f:
login

'You will also need to edit the net.cfg file it tells the network card which frame type (802.3 etc) and a couple other things.

If you can find some old 3.11 or 3.12 install disks, they will have everything you need minus the network drivers for the nic.

Hope this helps.
Devin.

Not for IP conectivity ... my disk uses the NetWare I/O Subsystem which allows you to use NLMs and LAN drivers. The AUTOEXEC.BAT looks like the following:

NIOS.EXE
LOAD NBIC32.NLM
LOAD LSLC32.NLM
LOAD CMSM.NLM
LOAD ETHERTSM.NLM
LOAD RTSSRV.LAN FRAME=ETHERNET_II
LOAD TCPIP.NLM
LOAD TRANNTA.NLM
LOAD SRVLOC.NLM
LOAD CLIENT32.NLM

NB: RTSSRV is my LAN driver, you'd have to substitute your NIC card driver here. You also have to configure NET.CFG for IP and also RESOLV.CFG for the IP domain. "My mamma used to say that life is like a box of chocolates .... you never know what you're gonna get!"

For TheLad,

Please send me a copy of your IP boot disk. My email is mailto:hulderman@benteler.com

Thank you

For TheLad,

Please resend me a copy of your IP boot disk. My email is mailto:jhulderman@home.com

I'd like the IP bootdisk as well if possible.. please email it to gman10@optonline.net

Thanx

Greg

I have create one IP boot disk,my netcard is already activity ,It also can ping my novell 5.1 server,but client32 can't find this file server.
what happen!
Does anybody help me?
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back