Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting To MySQL Databases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spence

Programmer
Feb 26, 2000
NL
Hi,<br>

<br>

Does anyone know how to use C++ Builder and connect<br>

to the mySQL database?<br>

<br>

If anyone can advise me on how to achieve this I would be<br>

exceptionally greatful.<br>

<br>

Regards,<br>

<br>

Spence<br>

<br>

Oh !!! I was also struggling with the same problem . There is an Author who can provide you with all the API's . His name is Thmas Boutell. please make a search of his name . He will send you the codes.<br><br>Thanx<br>Siddhartha Singh<br><A HREF="mailto:ssingh@aztecsoft.com">ssingh@aztecsoft.com</A>

Hmm is it possible to import the ADO dll into Borland Builder, like in VC++? <p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.8m.com>kb244@kb244.8m.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in , or have messed with : VC++, Borland C++ Builder, VJ++6(starting),VB-Dos, VB1 thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, Borland C++ 3(DOS), Borland C++ 4.5, HTML, ASP(somewhat), QBasic(least i didnt start with COBOL)

There is no need to import dll. You will be provided with whole source code in the form of header files(*.c , *.h).<br><br><br>Thanx<br>Siddhartha Singh<br><A HREF="mailto:ssingh@aztecsoft.com">ssingh@aztecsoft.com</A>

I have a MyODBC and the connection with C++Builder is very easy

It's not hard to connect with a MySQL database. There are several issues that you must take into consideration.

I think you have to have the professional version of BCB 6 (5 may have it too, don't know).
Just be careful not to confuse it with MSSQL.
Be sure your SQL port is open and/or forwarded to your computer/server.
Be sure you've set your database up correctly on MySQL.

If you need further info, let me know. I can look it up at home on some software I connected to mysql with.

Chris

I'm using the components &quot;DAC for MySQL&quot; and it works very nice. You don't need ODBC or BDE installed. You can use the data base componets as with BDE-applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back