Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting to Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

anastasia

Programmer
Dec 13, 2000
GB
Hi,

I am trying to connect to a database from VB 6. I am using the Data Control and I can connect trhpough this to the database (the path is entered), but when I atttempt to select the RecordSource property of the data control I get the error Unrecognized database format followed by the path name to my database.

The Database was created in Access 2000. I was wondering if I will have to use Access 97 or something, someone please reply to confirm that this is the problem?.

Thanks

You do not have to use Access 97,

You must download VB6 Service Pack 5 from Microsoft, which contains the Jet 4.0 Engine for Access 2000 databases. you will be able to download it from

This should work fine, hope it helps.

jgjge3.gif
[tt]"Very funny, Scotty... Now Beam down my clothes."[/tt]

Hi JAG14,

Thanks for your reply I have downloaded the service pack you mentioned above, do you know where I now extract the files to, which folder?.

Hello,

Just create a folder called vb5SP and extract to there. Then click on the setup icon to install.

To solve your issue immediately just convert your database to access97.

neil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back