Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting to CE 9 from browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tasarian

Programmer
Feb 24, 2004
CA
Hi everyone, I have successfully set up CE9 with reports and users etc. How do I go about setting up the web component side of things? such as having a user log on from the browser and running reports that way. Is there a listener I need to start or something? any help or guidance is much appreciated.
Tas

You probably don't need to do anything, give them the following URL:

substituting your machine name for MYSERVER

Test it on your machine first.

The default will allow for aguest account to access the reports. If you want to implement security, then use the CMC to assign logins, or set up NT or LDAP security accordingly.

-k

Thanks for the reply, logged in successfully and can run my reports fine. however I get this error when I try to view them

There was an error retrieving data from the server: You are trying to view a report based on Info Views. The Info View feature is not supported by this version of the Page Server. Please contact your system administrator

any ideas on a fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back