Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting to Access database

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinodi

Programmer
May 23, 2003
IN
Hi,

I have an Access 2000 database on the server. A client application developed in VB acts as a frontend to this application. This client application has been installed using an installer named Inno Setup.

What is the connection string that I have to use in my client program so that the client application connects to the server. Remember that the hard disk containing the database maybe connected to another server. Secondly I do not want the end user to configure the path to the database. Is it possible to do this programatically? I know I can use the Connection property. But how do I use it?

Another question.
I want my application to hunt for a folder present on the server. The application is deployed on a client machine. The folder may be present on the E: drive or F: drive. I have mapped both these drives on the client machine. Is it possible to know how many mapped drives are there on the machine through VB?

Both of these require urgent attention. Any input would be appreciated.

Vinod[ponder]

~~The only place where SUCCESS comes before WORK is in the dictionary~~

Dear all,

I have a full fledged running application developed in VB 6.0 working with Access 2000. Now our client wants to migrate the data to SQL Server 2000. Therefore there are some changes to be done in the VB application. Everything is allright upto this point.

Now my application conatins certain SQL statements for creating crosstab queries. For example

Sql = "TRANSFORM last(Tmp_Data_Flag.Flag) SELECT grid_name, feeder_name, voltage_level, [tmp_ds_list.Meter_no] as meter_no, count(Tmp_Data_Flag.Flag) AS [Total] FROM Tmp_Data_Flag RIGHT JOIN tmp_ds_list ON [tmp_Data_Flag].[meter_no]=[tmp_ds_list].[meter_no] GROUP BY grid_name, feeder_name, voltage_level, [tmp_ds_list.Meter_no] PIVOT Format([schedule_date], 'dd/MM/yyyy')"

Since TRANSFORM, the last() function and PIVOT statements are not supported in SQL Server what is the alternative available for creating a crosstab query.

Any suggestions in terms of steps to be performed.

This input will be highly appreciated.

With warm regards,

Vinodi[ponder]

~~The only place where SUCCESS comes before WORK is in the dictionary~~

Please create a new thread for this question.

And this is not the correct forum for this question, as this is a SQL Server question, not a VB question.

Regards

Frederico Fonseca
SysSoft Integrated Ltd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back