Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting to a MetaFrame Server with Safari

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManagerJay

IS-IT--Management
Jul 24, 2000
US
I am working with Citrix on OS X for the first time and I have myself confused. We are connecting to our parent organizations MetaFrame server through Safari.

We are able to make the connection, but we cannot print, or save to the local drives. Is there a setting I need to change so the printers will be available in the client?

Thanks,

Jay

Hi Jay,

Probably a citrix policy blocking printer drive mappings.

- Is the issue only present when connecting from that terminal through Safari (ie - same behavior through firefox on same machine)?

Cheers.

What we have finally found is our parent organization has "Classic Printing Support" turned off on the Citrix servers. Therefore a third party application, such as Screwdrivers is needed.

Tricert is releasing an OS X version of Screwdrivers in the near future.

Jay

Hi Jay,

Unsure what 'Classic' printing support is. There is a citrix policy option to enable/disable 'legacy' printing support, along with a host of other policies to control how printers are mapped into citrix etc.

I'm unfamiliar with screwdriver, but if it is working then great =)

- Thks for updating the thread with a resolution!

Cheers.

Screwdrivers is a third party addon from Tricerat that builds printers instead of Citrix building them, we use it here , have 36 server farm, adding 8 more servers next month. Works rather nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back