Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting thru network with DSA

Status
Not open for further replies.

deales

Technical User
Oct 3, 2002
US
Can anyone tell me what port to connect to if port 23 doesn't work? I'm working on a G3r v8.The Audix and CMS servers connect fine using 23. Thanks for any help.

Try 5111 for the G3r.

Susan

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer. - Mark Twain

Port 5111 is used commonly - IF it's been configured correctly in the switch.
However, now that I reread your post - I don't think that V8 can do the SAT service over the CLAN.

I had heard that you cant connect using version 8.Just thought Id ask again.Thanks for the help

Has anyone actually gotten the LANSAT10 to work? On mine, I can telnet in okay, but I can't log in. I've followed all of the instructions, but nothing seems to work. Perhaps I have a bad unit.

I am in the process of ordering a few. I would call Scottsdale ( to get it running.

I was just in a training class last week and a few of the admins had the LANSATs running on their switches. They raved about them.

Bhodgins,

I have been using one for nearly a year. I just recently IP enabled our switch and am at V11, but I am going to move it to another remote switch. It really works great. Just follow the instructions and it is really simple.

This is great information. I have been trying to figure out a way to do this without upgrading our system. Thanks!

Josh

I just posted this in another thread a few minutes ago:

LANSAT ( is just a renamed product from Lantronix ( the UDS-10. But you are correct, it should work since the SAT works off a serial port. I am thinking you might be able to get the UDS-10 cheaper from a VAR rather than thru Scottsdale Comm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back