Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting through ISA server with OSX - Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sedgehog

Technical User
Oct 13, 2000
GB
G3 with OSX using IE:MAC 5.1

Trying to setup internet access via ISA proxy server.
When you try authenticating through proxy you get login prompt ok, when details entered i get
Page cannot be displayed
HTTP 407 proxy authentication error

If i set to basic authentication on isa it will allow clear text authentication and work ok. Due to nature and security of network this option cannot be used.

Sorry if i'm being stupid as this is first time i've used a MAC (dropped in at the deep end).[sadeyes]

I have a similar setup using X with a Windows Network and ISA Server. My X user name is identical to my ADS name (coincidence). I never have to re-authenticate on server connections either. So when the proxy asks for a login, I give it my ADS user/password. You need to have a user account in the domain or on the ISA server in order to be authenticated, but I think that's obvious.
I have never had problems usind X with Windows. Apple said recently with X.3 they'll have ADS support. The way things have gone for me I think what needs improvement?

Hope it helps
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back