Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting second carrier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott99

Technical User
Feb 26, 2002
GB
I'm trying to connect carrier B to Carrier A. There is a cable with a large connector from Carrier B but I can't see where this is supposed to be connected to on Carrier A. Does anyone know this?

Hi,

If your carrier B is Processor cabinet than you have to connect ICC A, ICC B and ICC C cabels and the TDM bus cabel.
If is just port cabinet that you have to unplag the bottom TDM BUS Terminator and plug there the TDM BUS cable.
Hope this will help you. MKD

Look at the back there is a white line in carrier A that is marked TDM, most likely there is a terminator installed right now, that is where you're cable should go.

The terminator should then be installed in the B carrier.

PS in the B carrier there is a jumper somewhere in the bottom right that tells the carrier if it is a B, C or D carrier Please let me know if the information that was provided is helpfull.
Edwin Plat
A.K.A. Europe

I would suggest you contact a vendor to perform the installation. There are several pitfalls associated with adding an additional cabinet.

If you don't beleive contacting a professional is necessary, I would suggest you look into the documentation under upgrades and additions.

"When all else fails, read the manual" James Middleton
ACSCI/ACSCD/MCSE
Xeta Technologies
jim.middleton@xeta.com

Make sure you connect the TDM Terminator correctly, if not you WILL fry the Terminator and possibly more.
the back of the carrier is clearly marked tdm lan/wan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back