Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

connecting pcAnywhere via cable to dialup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

williamshatner

IS-IT--Management
Jan 8, 2006
AU
Hi folks
I was told it can't be done, which may explain why I'm having no luck doing it.
I have cable at home and dial up at work, going from XP to 98, is it possible ?
TIA

You can set the host computer to wait for both dialup and network connections but if the host does not have an internet connection you will have to dial in via a modem.

Bo

Kentucky phone support-
"Mash the Kentrol key and hit scape."

Hi Bo, thanks for the reply
The host has a dial up connection, so can I get it to dial up and log on from my PC at home? Do I do it via the IP address or the phone number? I v'e tried various combinations and just get the msg "can attach to host" or something like that

If one of the computers does not have an internet connection forget about IP in any shape or form. They will both have to have modems and you will have to dial in. Now if the host has a dial up connection to the internet, I think you can get in via IP if the browser is running. But not sure on that. I think I have done that before but can't remember.

Bo

Kentucky phone support-
"Mash the Kentrol key and hit scape."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back