Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting Onto A Meridian Option 11 Switch with Procomm Plus 4.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcpelejo

Programmer
Jul 29, 2001
US
I am new to Procomm and I am trying to connect Procomm onto a Meridian Option 11 switch via dial-up connection. I am not sure what configurations to use in Procomm. Please advise. Thank you. Life is too short to waste...
Julius Pelejo
jcpelejo@hotmail.com

I'm not aware of special setting io to connect to M1's with procomm except for Meridian Mail, there you should use the correct terminal emulation to use the softkeys.

Are you experiencing any problems?

I had some problem with the emulation. I kept on getting ASCII characters when I logged into the switch. Also when I went into Meridian Mail, I could not scroll down the screen to enabled a voice mail box. The settings that I am using to dial up is ANSI BBS, modem speed of 1200 bps and Z-modem. Everything else I used the default properties. Please advise.

Life is too short to waste...
Julius Pelejo

Try using VT100 terminal emulation.

Options - Data Options - Terminal Options - Current Terminal:

I am not familiar with Nortel Eq. but almost everything else I've connected to worked with VT100. One exception was better with VT320. If you have a manual for the Meridian there may be a section in the manual that gives the information needed for connecting a "craft terminal" or for connecting by modem.

Hope this helps.

Thank you. That worked fine. Life is too short to waste...
Julius Pelejo
jcpelejo@hotmail.com

I dial into Meridian systems all day long and have the best luck with VT100 terminal emulation and X-modem protocol. You may also find that changing your modem hardware settings, located in the advanced tab under Modem/Connection properties, to 7 data bits, Even parity, and 1 stop bit may prove helpful. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back