Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

connecting Nortel option81C to an Avaya IP PBX

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeban

Technical User
Sep 28, 2002
US
We are in the process of connecting our Nortel Option 81C to an Avaya PBX accross the state. We have a point to point PRI from the service provider. We have programed the PRI card with e 23 channels. The trunk access code is 426. The question is how to complete the programing to allow a user on my side to get an access code that point him to this specific PRI to dial 4 digit dial. I know you can use the access code of the Trunk "426" but this is not disiarable to dial 4 digit dial. Where do I go into programing an access code for my users so they can dial over the Tie tunk. Your help is gratly appreciated.

couple of steps.. in ld new rlb.. that points to the route and assigns the frl.. usually frl 0 allows ncos 0 and above access to the route..

then in ld 86, new cdp, dsc... then add the numbers in the avaya.. you can have a single digit dsc, say 2, send all the 2000 series or you can send each number as a single entry... either way set the flen to the number of digits on the far end...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

thanks for your help. I did not get the first step. On the second step I cannot use CDP since the far side NEC using the same 4 digit dial I am using. Both PBX's are using the same 6000,7000 and 8000 extensions So I dont know if I can cdp these numbers
Thanks again.

There may be other options, or better solutions, I just do not know any.
ld 90 define your HLOC home loc code, define a loc code for the other end. this would be done with AC2 if you have a digit open
If I used 9 for AC1, I would use 8 for AC2
New AC2 LOC in ld 90
if I made that other site, say - 240
point to TIE on RLI
then I would dial 8,240 -XXXX
Not sure you have a block to tie up, most only AC1 for everthing these days, but when you get to matching NXXs or extentions, sometimes you have to AC2

If I have to dial 4 digits access code and 4 digit extensions there is no point of going to all the trouble of joining the 2 pbx's and it will not be acceptd by the Management. Any suggestions please?.
Thanks

You don't have a choice, if the other end has the same extension numbers then your only choice on the Nortel side is UDP dialing plan - which is AC1/2 + LOC + DN.

If they're not willing to dial this string, then end of story.

Perhaps joeban can do something a little less conforming like make 8 a steering code with a FLEN of 5 instead of an access code. Point the steering code to an RLI that has an associated DGT that deletes 1 digit. That RLI sends the remaining digits to the PRI connected to the Avaya. If he wants to dial 7000, which is also a number on his switch, he dials 87000. Just an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back