Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting MS Access to FrontPage

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbdw6708

Vendor
Jun 22, 2000
US
I am able to connect Access to Frontpage, but when I view my web page through the browswer, the output from MS Access is not present.  Any Advice.  

I am having the same problem.  I am using MS PWS for the development phase of my project before I post it to our web.  I can view the default.asp page but the database page is an empty table.  Any help from the experts would be appreciated.

Iam trying to use FrontPage200, Personal Web Server(PWS),and Access. FrontPage shows that I have made the database connection ( green checkmark) yet when the .asp page for the database is open it says only "no data is returned".
Any help is appreciated.
The database "Bilbo2" is the standard Bilbo database updated for Access 2000, and is in the web path.

The only advice I can give is, sorry but don't use FrontPage's database connection features. In my opinion it's so long winded and you generally have the problems as noted above.

You can still use FrontPage, but I would start getting the hang of hard coding your connection code. It's relatively simple once you get your head round it. If I could apologise again in saying that I'm not going to start explaining it in this reply as there's several parts to it, however probably the best resource for this would be If you type in "connecting to access" in the search box there is tons of info that will get you started. There you can learn about your connection strings, querying, the infamous "global.asa" file, security for your access database, the works!

It's where I picked up everything I needed to know about database connections. Despite the fact I generally use SQL the same principles apply.

Hope this helps, even if just a little.

Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back