Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting IPO's with Point to Point T-1's

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAAPhoneBrad

Technical User
Jun 15, 2005
US
Hello,
Is it possible to connect 2 or more IPO's together with point to point voice T-1's?

The T-1 connecting the locations together have 3 channels dedicated for voice (this is replacing a Magix) used for calling between locations. Also we want to set up the 2 remote IPO's to dial out using the PRI at the main site.

The salesman figured if the Magix is doing it then the IPO can do it also (not a safe assumption).

I know VOIP w/SCN would have been a better way to do this but st this point that's not an option (unless this way will not work at all).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

yes this is possible. i have done it with PRI not T1 but it is the same thing. You will just use short codes to direct calls out of the other one. It is really easy.

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

I though so.

The problem is my tech (whos has been working on IPO for years) is having a herd time getting it to work.

Can you (or anyone) give an example of the short codes and some T-1 setting we might want to check so I can pass it along to him? I would really appreciate it.
Thanks!

I would imagine you want you T1 set to E&M Tie and the short codes would be like this for extension to extension if your extensions on the remote were 4000 range.

4xxx
dial
4N
Line of T1.
Now one thing to keep in mind is you will need incomming call routes for the extensions to dial accross. You will also need a route for the remote system to dial out thru the main.

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Thank you very much for the help.

We got the two IPO's talking to each other but now after about 2-3 min on the phone the call drops. What's odd is the call still shows active in system status (on both IPO's).

We are running 4.1.12

Any ideas why the call would drop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back