Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting Internet with Win2K

Status
Not open for further replies.

codo

IS-IT--Management
Oct 31, 2001
ID
Im using win2K server as to connect to Internet.I can dial up to my ISP and verify my user account correctly, but i couldn't view anything when browsing the internet.
When i use my another server (WIN NT 4.0) to dial up to the Internet (as a proxy server), and use my Win2K server to browse the internet it is work. The Ip address for Win NT 4.0 is 192.168.2.3 with subnet mask 255.255.255.0
while Win 2K server IP is 192.168.2.1 with subnet mask 255.255.255.0 .On Internet Explorer setting of my Win2K server i choose connect via LAN and give the proxy server address with Win NT 40 IP address.
What should i do if i want my Win2K server as internet server and can browse the internet from win2k server too.

yust change the ip nummer off the win2000 (it thinks it is the gateway)

the ip number of my win2K server are 192.168.2.1 with subnet mask 255.255.255.0 and i leave the gateway empty.
on internet explorer conection setting i check the use proxy server option and enter 192.168.2.1 as the proxy server address, but i still couldn't surf the intenet from the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back