Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting Flash to 3x8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 15, 2006
US
Where on the system block do I connect the two ports of the flash voicemail. All the pinout diagrams I found don't show that part of the block.

The two ports of the Flash just need to be assigned to digital station ports. So just choose two and jack them out to plug into the Flash.

So having voicemail uses up two of my 8 ports? Is that the only way to configure it?

You can try assgning it to just one DN port and see if that's sufficient.

Yes, it takes up available station ports, to answer you question...sucks to high heaven, doesn't it?

It does suck, I am trying to use only one port, I keep getting "feature incative" on 983 and when I dial the extn of flash it wants the system coordinator password which is supposed to be default 120000 but doesn't work!

doug,
The flash comes in 2 ports and four ports. If the voicemail is in use and you log in usinf feature 983 it is going to ring busy. But in your case it is asking for the admin login and password. Now are your ext. 2 digit or 3 digit? if it is 2 digits then you are correct and you will need to search the past posts to get your answer. Because we do not like to tell how to reset or come in the back door. We out here make some extra money that way. Nothing personal. But, if you have 3 digit ext. like 221 it will be 1020000. Hope that helps.

Later

depending on if you have a flash 2 or 4 means the difference between connecting 1 or 2 ports also try feat. 903 some releases of flash you had to config with feat. 903 instead of 983.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back