Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting Definity G3 to Cisco AVVID System 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwarren

MIS
Mar 23, 2001
US
Has anyone combined these two? Does anyone have any advice?
We are trying to figure out the best way to do this. We will have another location where we are going to install the Cisco AVVID system. We would like to connect it to the Definity G3 system at our main location and have 4 digit dialing between the two sites. We would also like to have the people using the Cisco system to connect to the PSTN through our G3.

Chris

Can't help you here, Chris, since we're going for Lucent's VoD / VoIP solution as opposed to Cisco's, however - if you could let me know how this goes, I'd be really greatful; sounds very interesting project.

Cheers and good luck -

Giles K. J. Crawford.
Sybase, Inc.
Network Engineer Europe
++44 (0)1628 59 7342 ----- (Direct with Voicemail Coverage)
++44 (0)1628 50 5566 ----- (Direct Link to my Voicemail)
++44 (0)7977 25 7342 ----- (Mobile / Cellphone)
++44 (0)1628 59 7045 ----- (Department Fax)
++44 (0)1628 50 5444 ----- (Automated Attendant Service)

I have just finished CIPT but freeze on training potential redundancies leaves me wondering, who out there is recruiting engineers with 3+ years exp on Definity?, I'm looking to further my IP/Data knowledge and keeps hands on with Definity. Would appreciate any news or views.

We have installed/integrated quite a few CallManagers and Definity G3s. We have even installed the DPA to share an Octel voicemail between the two.

If you have any other questions let me know.

Clarkson,

Depends in which country you live.....

Rgds,

M.

fastbusy,
I think we got it working pretty good. There wasn't too much config on the G3.

Chris

Chris,

Yes we have our G3s connected vis 6608 bladed in our 6509s. I connected these to the G3 as PRI and the trunks work fine. I use 5 digit dialing between the systems and it works fine. I also connected a local site with a 1760 eq with 1 2port T1 blade to our G3R via a Telco leased line. I send calls from the Call Manager through the G3r to the Telco trunks as well. Just make sure you send a 9 in front of the digit stream. If anyone needs the configs on the G3r or the call manager let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back