Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting CR with Oracle

Status
Not open for further replies.

SheLearner

Programmer
Sep 9, 2003
PK
Hi all,
My company wants me to develop a project that uses crystal reports for reporting. Its basdically a desktop application developed using C# Visual .NET 2003. The backend is Oracle 9i. I have tried the CR data connection with Access and it was no problem at all. However, doing the same with Oracle 9i i face a strange situation. I have Oracle 9i client installed on my machine and it has been configured by the name of a service ebrkDev. When i make data connection on the CR, the connection is successful and i am able to see the databases in the ebrkDev service. I add tables and fields as desired. But when i compile and run the report a small window pops up which says "Database Login" and displays the following fields:
Table Name: (The table i have added on my report)
Server Name: (Displays the name of the service i.e. ebrkDev)
Database: (Empty Field)
Login Id: (Empty Field)
Password: (Empty Field)
No matter what i enter in the 3 empty fields the result is always the same "Connection unsuccessful". I am facing a deadend and REALLY need to get on with the reporting. Plz plz plzzzz help me out on this one.
Best Rgds.

Hi,
CR wants to login in Oracle and so you need Password and Login from the oracle database. Sorry - nobody can help but the admin. Ask him/her for login and password then it will works.
Best Regards,
Ralph

Hi,
Yeah thanks. I managed the first part but i have yet another question. When i run the report I supply the Login Id and password and connect to the DB and data is displayed on the report. Now the problem is that this popup appears on the compilation of the report equal to the number of tables used in the report. For instance if i am refering to 3 tables in the report this popup takes form of a wizard which prompts me to enter the same id and password 3 times! This seems highly ridiculous considering that its the same report, same database but just different tables in it. Shouldn't the connection be the same as well?I thought maybe i am doing something wrong here? Morever, is there a way to tell the report this Login id and password in the C# code written behind its form so that it doesn't prompt me each time i run it?
Thanks in advance.
Rgds.

Hi,
check your CR-options (Database), I use a german versions and have no idea what "Benutzer beim Herstellen der Verbindung erneut auffordern" in english means.
Regards,
Ralph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back