Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting CR to Mainframe

Status
Not open for further replies.

KhushiRaina

Programmer
Oct 9, 2002
IN
Hi,
Does any one know how to connect to crystal reports 8.0 through mainframe but not through DB2 but with database IMS.
If any one has any idea do write in...

Regds,
Khushi.

Is it possible to obtain an ODBC driver from the IMS or a 3rd party vendor? I'm don't know much about IMS. Also, try searching on GOOGLE, AskJeeves, etc. for info.

No really good free way that I know of. Where I used to work (LARGE IMS databases) we ended up converting stuff to DB2... but we also ended up using DLI to export some of the IMS files to a flat DASD file then pointed Crystal at that flat file --- I seem to remember using some JCL to FTP the info to where Crystal 7 (or was it 6.5) could actually get at it.

sorry I am not being much help

There is also a number of compaines that sell ODBC drivers for IMS ( CA Ingress...). Having one of those would help you out ALOT

Hi,
Hey thanks swc123 amd jymm.I will try to get the driver and lets see then...
Thanks again

Regds,
Khushi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back