Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting CCC to a different Archiver database

Status
Not open for further replies.

snelders8

Programmer
Jun 2, 2004
AU
Hi,

We have CCC 5.0 running in our office. We also have a customer running the same version of CCC and I am creating reports for them.

Is is possible for me to install a copy of their SQL Archiver database on our network then get our CCC to read their database *without affecting the logging of calls in our live database* (i.e. calls are still logged to our DB but CCC reports from our customer's DB for a short while).

Thanks,
Jason

I wouldn't mess with your live system but to put up a testsystem on the side and importing the data to that one.

I ended up restoring our customer's Archiver database to a new database name in SQL Server and pointing CCC to it through the "Database" tab of the CCC Reporter Admin console. I Restarted the CCC Reporter service and was able to report off their database.
After a day of testing I found the call records from the live system were still recording to our live database. Itall worked out well.

Cheers,
Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back