Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting Audix on LAN 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecky

Technical User
Jun 11, 2003
NL
Hi,

I want to use ASA to connect to my Audix. When I let the wizard test the connection it gives the following error:
"Communication error:network connection failed"[/red]
I use port 23 fot Telnet and I tried port 5023 too(same result).
I am sure that telnet is allowed on the network.

What am I doing wrong/missing?

Thanx in advance ;P

The port should be 23. Can you ping the IP address of Audix from your pc? If not, it's possible that the Audix is direct-connected to your switch, instead of communicating through your LAN.

Hi Marcell,

I can ping the Audix from my PC. Could it be that I have to use the IP# of the C-LAN board?

You should enter the IP address of the Audix. Not the clan. What kind if Audix you got? Also check the properties of the connection in ASA..it should be
Connection: Network
Dial/Host: IP of the Audix
Port: 23

Hi n00benduser,

I've got an Intuity LX.
The connection type I use is network with the IPadres of the Audix and I've tried port 23 and 5023.
Also tried it with HyperTerminal, with te same result.

It might be the problem that there is no telnet deamon running on the Audix.
The suplier of the Audix didn't give me the root password so I can't see if it's running ;(

Apparently the LX can't be used in ASA. You'd have to login using your web browser....

I believe for security reasons Avaya closed the port 23 on the Intuity LX. Through the TSC-login you can open up this port again. But most likely this can only be done by Avaya and will be a paid service.

John

You'll have to connect to the LX through the web app. Open Explorer and type in the IP Address of your Intuity. Somewhere in the menu is a place for Administration. It will start a window that will look like the Terminal Emulator, but will still be done through the web.

I had a tool checking all ports and apparently it's true that port 23 is closed.
There is noting else to do than use IE :(

Thanx to all 4 u'r help ;)

You can use ASA with the LX. Avaya needs to open port 23 on your box and you must use the vm login

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back