Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting Access DB in VB.Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

peggyk2

MIS
Jun 25, 2002
US
I am extremely new to vb.net. I'm trying to connect an Access Database using the OleDBDataAdapter Wizard and everytime I try to Finish after generating the SQL statement, I get the following errors depending on which table I am trying to load.
"Could not determine which columns uniquely identify the rows" and "The original query has a select list that has columns from multiple tables. The statement cannot be generated automatically for this type of query." These statements appear under the Update and Delete and the Insert, Update, and Delete Statements, respectively. What do these mean and what can I do to get around the problem?

I get the same thing. ODBC accessing an Access 2003 database. The table does have a primary key defined in Access, an autonumber field.

Suggestions?

Bob

peggk2 - sounds like your OLEDataAdapter thinks you are using multiple tables. And in those tables are column names that are the same in 2 or more tables. You need to append the name of the table in front of each column name (ex.: mytablename.fieldname)

This may be better received in the VB.Net forum. Try forum796.

zemp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back