Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

connecting access database to exchange server

Status
Not open for further replies.

kse

IS-IT--Management
Apr 19, 2002
KW
Hello everybody

I need help we have access database that all users in it also it generate users ID and passwords and we have exchange server 2000, what I'm looking for is how do I connect the database to the exchange server so whenever I add a user in the database and it generates it's user ID and password to be replicated or you can say coppied to active directory in the exchange server

Sorry guys it is a long question but I realy need help

Thanks I appreciate your help

I can probably help you with what you want to do. But what exactly do you want it to do? What is the purpose of the database?

Thanks zcolton for your reply

ok, I have access database that has all students name in it we are going to let the database to generate there passwords randomly, I want to create a mailbox for each students as you know there are a lots of students if I want to create each mailbax manually it'll take forever, since I have a database that has everything in it and it will generate the password for me I want to connect the database to the exchange 2000 server (new server)so I can migrate if possible)or replicate the students names (ID's) and there passwords into the exchange server and whenever a new student added to the database it'll automatically be created in the exchange server
I got you confused man!! right ? sorry !!
anyway first how do I connect the database to the exchange server, second how do I migrate or riplecate the users to it, third if it wont work, is there any other way to do it

by the way my server is win2k advanced server and active directory built already with exchange 2k

Thanks for your help

You may want to take a differnt approch to creating the user accounts and then creating the mailboxes. I use KIX scripts I have written to create/modify user acounts. It was a great help when I had to add over 2000 student accounts. After the accounts have been set up you can easily create mailboxes for all of the accounts in one large sweep. In Active Directory Users and Computers, hig-light all of the account that you want to create mailboxes for. Right-click on it and tell it to create a mailbox. It will automatically create an alias based on the username.

I found another of doing that I used the FOR command along with a txt file I transfered the users name first and last and there ID's and there passwords to a txt file then I used the FOR command
So all users are created in the exchange server active directory and then I selected all users right clicked then selected exchange tasks clicked on create mailbox heeeha all done

Thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back