Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting a second CD player to a g3v12 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvayaHelp

Programmer
Dec 16, 2003
CA
I have a second CD Player I need to connect to my S8700. Typically the PBX can only play one external device as the music on hold. However I figure if I bix the second CD Player to an Analog port card and then create an Analog announcement. I can vector the announcement to play. Obviously the announcement will be static meaning that I cannot use collect digits but thats ok as it is to be used only while the call is queued and there is no voice mail required.

My question is that can I run a power risk to the PBX once installed, can any electrical shocking or frying of ports occur with this type of config, anyone know?

Thanks

==========================================================
Does anyone have a quarter, I need to make a phone call?

Its always possible - though i've never had a problem. I just make sure my source is plugged into a UPS. The input signal is low-level anyway..i converted an RCA cable into wire that i punched down and have yet to have a problem. You could always insert a small resistor (600-1K OHM) to help out as well.

pbxman
Systems Administrator

Please let Tek-Tips members know their posts were helpful.

Also, make sure you set queuing on the annc form to "B" for "barge in". That will allow more than 1 party to hit the analog port at once.

-CL

Thanks you two :)

You can get i line isolation unit, that has a phone lead on one end, that goes to the analoge port of the PABX and audio input on the other end, for plugging into the CD player.

This box physically isolates the music source from the pabx. Then set up the analoge port as an announcement. We have about 6 of these set up.

Thanks,
Nichol

its called a 909 universal coupler. there is an A and a B variant. The difference is AC or DC power

In S8700 R12 the feature "Tenant Partitioning" is open in RFA, meaning that your supplier or Avaya can turn it on. This will allow you to have more that 1 (about 8 if I remember correctly) MOH interfaces (devices). By assigning stations, hunt groups and VDNs to a specific Tenant (the "TN" field in station, hunt and VDN forms) you can decide which MOH interface the system will use to provide music when the caller is on hold..

Petran.

petran - how does tenant partitioning handle the attendant? Can a single attendant be a member of all partitions?

pbxman
Systems Administrator

Ok All here is where I am at, I jumped the gun too soon thank ing pbxman and lopes1211.

I have an extension set up in my announcements as analog, not analog-m or analog-fd just analog. The port is on analog TN746 port and the Q is b (barge-in).

I have a vdn to vector;
1) wait 0 sec hearine ringback
2) announcement 52000
3)stop

Right now the units headset has been cut so it is bixed into the analog port.

When I call th VDN I hear an endless ringing, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks - OH Tenant Partinioning is not a viable cost option right now.

Still looking for help on this as of today Dec 20th, thanks :)

You need to make it analog-m, not analog.

pbxman
Systems Administrator

Also, when you add it to a vector (assuming you're using it as on-hold music) you will want the step to read "wait 45 seconds hearing 1234" where 1234 is the annoucement extension.

-CL

Thanks again pbxman and lopes1211
All works now. My volume on the CD player sux so it's not as aloud as I would like but hey the customer is happy :) And yes lopes it is for music onhold specific to one Client.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back