Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

connecting a PDA to citrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phrisbee

MIS
Jan 15, 2002
NL
Hello,

I do have a question about connecting a palm pda to my citrix network, plain and simple, how can i do that ?

my network is: compaq thin client, metaframe xp, windows 2000, all on ibm servers with 4 cpu's each and 4 ghz memory.
The Thin client are connecting with built in ICA clients and only USB connections.
I do have a USB palm cradle.

Maybe you guys or girls can help me ?

I have looked this up myself. The problems is at this time Citrix doesn't support USB devices. I have hooked up a palm through a PC in the serial port but connections are still unstable. Enter the following Document ID's on this link and you can read the only info and infromation from Citrix.

USB Document ID: CTX816193

PDA connection Document ID: CTX637252

You need a Serial Cradle. Next you need a USB to serial converter (yes they exist $20 or so). Then use a script to map the serial port on the client to the "new" serial port on the client system. You'll know that the device works when you see a serial port beneath the USB root hub. I don't know of any way to do it natively with USB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back