Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting a Cisco IP phone at home

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpu

IS-IT--Management
Jan 24, 2005
US
Would someone be able to tell me how I can connect my Cisco 7941 IP phone at home to connect to my office Call manager system? I currently have a softphone on my tablet pc and I can establish a VPN and get connected and was wondering if this is all I need to do?

what are you using for your vpn connection?

[americanflag] Go Army!
Tek-TIP Member 19,650

What we have done is throw a pix at the remote location, which established a lan-2-lan VPN with the HQ. The pix runs DHCP locally and it sets option 150 (tftp server) for the tftp server/router across the VPN connection... it works fine.

You can also use UC Proxy (if you don't want to do an L2L VPN with PIX or 87x router for example) - we use it for a half-dozen people or so. You need to license it each firewall if you cluster.

For the first three or four, it's cheaper to go PIX/router. Once you hit 5 or so, UC Proxy becomes a better option IMHO.

--DW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back