Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting 2 terminals to 1 cash drawer MICROS 3700

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon F

Systems Engineer
Jun 11, 2019
AU
Hi,

I am trying to connect 1 cash drawer to be used by 2 different terminals.
Is this at all possible?

Thank you.

Simon.

I was trying to do this too but never found a answer.. Did you ?

Physically connect them so a cash payment command opens the till, or virtually so that all sales from both terminals combined on one report?

If its virtual you make a "Bar card" and swipe it in on both terminals so they share all the bills and the total cash out. We used to do that for 6 workstations 8 bartenders would share. If its physical you need a splitter for the output card for the cash register.

Virtually could also be achieved by assigning the same cashier number to two trays but that might get tricky depending if you allow employees to access each others checks within the same revenue center.

If you're talking about a physical cash drawer, you could probably rig something up to get the same physical cash drawer attached to two POS terminals - they're pretty dumb, you're essentially just sending an electric pulse to open it. The easiest way to do it that doesn't involve butchering cables would probably be by using one driven by a printer, and then using an ESC/POS command through ISL to trigger. Or you could just splice the cables and make a Frankenstein cable.

Cash drawers aren't so expensive that I would ever consider doing this though... plus it will make a nightmare for cash management and throws out the ability to pin down who screwed the drawer up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back