Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting 11C to 61C using call pilot voice mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

fizer

IS-IT--Management
Feb 7, 2005
US
I need to connect our call pilot voice mail from main site which is a 61C to remote location where we have an 11C installed. We have a tie line running to the main site (61C) from the (11C). Currently the 11C voice mail crashed (Merdian Mail 13) and I want to just combine the two switches so I can use one main voice mail system making it easier to do maintenance and changes.
My question is this does anyone know how I can join th two switches together making the 11C able to access the voice mail on the 61C. I have the call pilot 201i installed.

Thanks in advance.

not a problem, only real step is to network the swtiches via pri.. once that is done build the voice mail boxes in the call pilot.. lamps and all other features work like a champ.. your call pilot does not know or care which campus the set is on... on the opt 11 side each set needs to have the fdn hunt target and the mwi matched to the sets in the 61.. i wouldn't try and build a work around, if it's over a hundred sets or so i would build a script to make the changes.. other wise just waste a day and get it done.. if you need the config for the pri on either end, request it in the merridian forum and one of us can post it. or i can post it here, unless you do not have pri yet it;s a non issue

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Also check to be sure you have the appropriate packages in your PBX and the Call Pilot to do NMS, unless lights won't light!!

Thank you all for your help. I understand what your saying. I have the tie line alrady programmed and the connection is there all I have remaining is to make changes to the phones as you said pointing them to the mwi FDN and then building them on the call pilot.

Thanks again,

You said you have a TIE Line but, but the PBX are in Network?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back