Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

connecting 1120e to BCM50 -- prompting for domain, user, pass - need help pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomcat8118

Technical User
Dec 12, 2013
US
i have a nortel bcm 50, with R6. I am trying to connect a new(ish) 1120e.

HOWEVER, it is prompting me to connect to a domain, then enter in my user and pass.

I have not seen this before. Is there a default domain? or user? Can i switch the phone to a "local mode"? (i could not find this option)

Typically, i have setup the ip, s1, etc and was all set. This obviously has a newer firmware. I have already attempted a factory reset without luck.

Tom

The log in credentials are under the TelephonyResources/Internal IP sets of your BCM
The connecting server info would be under Data Service/DHCP

Often S1 is equal to the BCM's IP
Press the Services key twice to change the settings on the set.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

ip_sets_hukpd9.jpg

Unfortunately i do not see an option for "username" or login name. The phone is requiring me to enter one before the password.

Tom

.. it is prompting me to connect to a domain, then enter in my user and pass."
Based on this information, it appears you have an 1120E phone with the SIP firmware. If you want to connect it to BCM50 using UNISTIM, you'd have to change the firmware to the UNISTIM version. You may take a peek at this video for info how to do that:

I'm with ucxguy on that....makes way more sense.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back