Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connect two SCO 5.0.6 servers over the internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmmccollum

IS-IT--Management
May 6, 2002
US
Is it possible to connect two SCO OpenServr 5.0.6 servers via an internet connection? One server at my office will have a dedictated IP address. The other at my home office will have access through a Linksys cable modem. I only wish to establish the connection from home, allowing telnet and remote printing so that I can work from home. I already have telnet from my Windows XP to Windows 2000 Server via VPN. In years past I did PPP dial up but would rather have a faster connection.

Does your office network have a firewall? If so, your firewall may support VPNs. You could then connect your VPN client to the firewall VPN and access your office network via telnet. I set this up for some of my vendors.

Bob

As I mentioned in my question, I already use a VPN connection to telent into my SCO boxes - XPProfessional laptop/workstation into Windows 2000 servers.

What I want to do is go from SCO to SCO ( Openserver 5.0.6 machines ). I believe MorningStar PPP can be configured to use IP addresses rather than modems. I can't find instructions or routing guidelines to make it all happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back