Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connect to SQLBASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjose

Programmer
Sep 20, 2004
US
Hi
We have a SQLBase (7.5.1) DB used by another application package. We like to connect to this DB externally using ODBC. How can We accomplish this.
Any Advise is highly appreciated.
Thanks

When u say trying to connect from other application package, I assume you are not using Centura application to connect SQLBASE DB.

Your first step would be to create a ODBC DSN for SQLBASE and make sure it connects.

Secondly, you need to go thru the database connectivity
manual of that "Other application".

If you are trying to connect from centura , you need to configure SQL.INI file.

JIL

Thanks Prabhu.
We want to connect to SQLBASE DB from our application using ODBC. But the question is from where I will get the right version. I download 8.5 from gupta site but still it does not connects.
There is a section for .INI file. Should this point to the INI file at the server where DB is located or should we copy the .INI file to the application server and change the db path to the database server.

Hi! You should connect using TCPIP. You can configure your SQLBase Server to listen on a specific Port and your client to connect to that port.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back