Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

connect to office from home

Status
Not open for further replies.

semeteyo

Technical User
Nov 22, 2004
LC
Can Anyone help.

I am trying to access my office network from home. I have the alcatel speedtouch pro adsl modem which connects to the internet. I then have a PC running winproxy which is my firewall, antivirus etc on my network. All pc's on the lan access the internet through that machine. It has two nics, one for the lan side an one for the wan side. The wan side nic is connected to the speedtouch pro adsl modem. The thing is that modem does dhcp so the wan nic gets an ip address. My isp does not provide static ip on adsl. Is there a solution to go in from home to the office PC.

This is my Configuration:

1. Internet Service Provider
2. ADSL Modem (Speedtouch Pro)

3. WinProxy Computer
3a.External Network Card
3b. External IP Address : 10.0.0.2 (this address is give by dhcp from speedtouch pro adsl modem.
3C. Firewall (Security)

4. Internal Network Card
4a. Internal IP Address : 90.0.0.1

5. Hub

6. Client Computer
6a. Network Card
6b. IP Address : 90.0.0.2
6c. DNS: 90.0.0.1
6d. Gateway: 90.0.0.1

I hope this can describe my configuration

Hi there,

did you try a DynDNS account?
from which host do you want to establish a tunnel, from your router or from your workstation? Which client do you use? Normaly you don't need a static IP on the client.

Thanks

I will check a few settings as u advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back