Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connect to Access using C#

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcklsn

Programmer
Mar 16, 2003
US
I need to connect to an Access database from a C# program so I can issue SQL commands (queries and nonqueries) to it, and I don't have the faintest idea how the go about it. I'm working in Visual Studio 2003 and the database is already created. Can someone show me how, or point me in the right direction?
Thanks in advance.
Mcklsn

I dont want to sound rude, but this is like chapter 1 of every .NET book I've ever seen. Not to mention EVERY site out there that has anything to do with coding has a C# and Access connection example. And the example projects that come with Visual Studio also do this.

This forum often gets cluttered with the ridiculously simple (dare I say "LAZY" ?) posts, which I believe drives away a lot of the good programmers.

mklsn, you could have spent less time on Google than you spen making this thread, and youd already have your answer.

Dear NeilTrain
I don't mean to sound rude, but you did sound rude. I have two large books on .NET and this is not chapter 1 in either of them. I have searched the net and found examples of accessing sqlserver, excel, using visual basic or C++, but not what I need. I guess I am just "LAZY".

Thank you for your kind post (including it's poor grammar and spelling) pointing out my deficiencies. It was most useful. It's people like you who make this world a nicer place to live.

Apparently the forum is neither too cluttered nor your time too valuable to keep you from searching out people to critisize. It's a dirty job, but then somebody's got to do it. What a valuable service you perform! How would the rest of us get by without you. Although it's clear from your last post that the burden of being superior weighs upon you from time to time, you are willing to accept your noblese oblige. You probably should invest in a neck brace. It must be difficult to support the weight of all you know.

Nevertheless, thank you for taking pity on despicable rabble such as me. I hardly merit 3 whole seconds. Your beneficence is incredible, almost godlike. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Instead of being a bunch of monkeys... why not help the guy out? He's probably not the only one to ever be at his stage of development.

mcklsn -> I recommend buying C# in 24hours. It has a great walkthrough of how to connect to databases. (NeilTrain it's chapter 10 in that book)

Try the above link. It will get you started.

As for the rest of you - cut the crap!

JurkMonkey,
Thanks for the help. It's greatly appreciated. I'll get the book and look at that link as soon as I finish this reply.
Thanks again,
Mcklsn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back