Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connect time to Citrix is 5 minutes, but runs fine once in 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airforce1

IS-IT--Management
Feb 19, 2002
US
I have 3 users at the same location that experience a long delay while connecting to Citrix. They tell me sometimes it is as long as 5 minutes before they see the login screen!

Once, they are in, everything is fine; performance is ok. They are connecting through an ADSL connection (like many of our other users). They are all W2K clients, but we have other W2K clients in other locations who connect within 10 seconds.

Ok, I wanted to get back with everyone on the solution to the problem that started this thread. Believe it, or not, reinstalling the Citrix client resolved the problem. It had nothing to do with DNS, Profiles, or many of the other suggested issues/solutions.

Thanks everyone for all your help!

I had a similar problem that occurred on my notebook when it had been working fine previously. It occurred regardless of whether I was connected with my 100 mb connection at work or over my DSL connection at home.

I tried removing all of the software that I had recently installed and everything else that I could think of to no avail. The only issue was the 4 - 5 minute time to the login screen. Once I logged out, the login screen popped up quickly as it did before. Once I canceled the login screen, it again took the long time to reappear when I ran the Citrix client.

Solution: I installed the current version (win 32) of the Citrix client and the problem resolved. I have no idea why. It also may be that if I had re-installed the older client that would have solved the problem as well. I am using Win2K on both my desktop and notebook and the problem only appeared on my notebook.

This may not be relevant, but at our site we noticed very slow login times with Windows XP machines. Once we applied service pack 1, the problem basically disappeared.

I have experienced this same issue (5 minute delays on connect) using the ICA Web client version 6.30.1050. Again, everyone worked just fine once connected. The issue went away when we upgraded the client to Citrix web client version 6.30.1051. Everyone on the newer version runs speedy quick.

Food for thought. Your Citrix client may need to be upgraded.

T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back