Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connect multiple 3com superstack II switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmcdowell

MIS
Dec 23, 2000
US
I have two 3 com superstack switches connected via matrix module and I need to add a third. However, the third switch will need to be located about 30 feet from the other switches.

Any problem connecting the third with a cross-over cat5 cable? Any considerations for traffic or bottlenecks? any additional solutions are welcomed....

thanks

tom

Hi,
If you can not make the connection with a matrix cable I think that there aren't solutions.
I have a problem.
I must connect two switch 3300 with a cross-over cat5 cable but the link don't come up.
Can you help me ?

Thank you

Hello, I had to order the matrix cable. It hasn't come in yet. I currently have two, and I have connected others in the past with a crossover cable. Should work in any port. Never had any previous problems.

thanks

tom

Hi,
I have 3 super stack II switches cascaded, matrix module. I want to add a fourth switch to the stack. I have been told that a cross cable can be used if a matrix cable is not available. I have not tried it, maybe someone out there has, please verify.

Another question is, how many 3300 super stacks II can I cascade at the maximum?

Thanks,

There aren't no problem to connect other 3300 with a cross cable but you'll lost the speed of conection, in a matrix mode you have 1Gbps between switches and in a cross solution for example in a duplex mode you'll have 200Mbps.

The maximum cascade are 4 switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back