Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

connect MOH to one of the Merlin Magix available trunks 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

adanMtz

Vendor
Nov 27, 2007
US
Hello,
I need some guidance on how to identify the LS trunks on a Merlin magix.

I have from left to right; 1 Processor W/CKE5, then four 412 TDL LS-ID without any lines connected because They are operating through a PRI.

I need to connect MOH to one of the trunks, but I don't know any line number assignments.

I am able to get into the programming;

AuxEquip→
MusicOnHold→
Dial line/trunk no.→ This is where I am stuck!
Enter→Back

Thank you for your guidance!

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=b61d13df-055a-4a96-bed3-e258e2398e99&file=20150925_112235[1].jpg
Thank you Brian for your prompt posting.
I will configure as you mentioned.
Regards,

Remember that the ports count from the bottom UP, and that lone jack above the other 4 is the Power Failure Transfer jack. The one you want is located at the top of the group of 4 on the 4th 412TDL card

Sorry but the line programming did not worked.
I get silence when holding calls.
If I dial direct 816 or 801-816 from ext 300; I get fast warble busy tone with no indications on screen.
Since They are using a PRI to call out.

I checked lines 801-816 under maintenance. All extensions correspond accordingly. As line 816, dial plan 816, slot port 0416, logic id 16,label OUTSIDE maintenance busy: no,
Could it be that LS Lines (801-816) must be on a pool and accessible by the ext 300 including the rest of the extensions?
Or the LS lines must be in the same group as the PRI?

Yes I am using the coupler, i get sound out of the line cord. I also tried with my toner to test the port input.

Could have since I did not installed this system. How can I check?
Thanks!

Menu>
System pgm>
Start>
AuxEquip→
MusicOnHold→
Dial line/trunk no.→ This is where I am stuck!
Enter→Back

This process does not show/print any line number, instead requests a line number input.
Is there a way to see what's currently programmed?
Thanks!

You can't inspect it, it's either there or not. Dial 816, and press Enter. If it doesn't beep at you, go back to it and see if it "took". If not, you sort of need to connect with WinSPM where you can print the setup report, and the trunk/general report. The line may have been renumbered, and no longer 816 (in which case you can dial *0404 instead of 816), or it may be assigned to a pool or have a principal user, or be assigned to an extension, which need to be cleared before assigning as MOH

I checked my church's Magix and the assigned port is displayed after choosing system music on hold (I don't remember the exact verbiage).

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

Hi Brian,

I installed the Magix a while ago so my memory is a bit foggy. I vaguely remember having to press the Inspect button, but the specifics escape me.[cook]

Paul

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

How and where can I donate to obtain a copy of WinSPM to print the setup report, and the trunk/general report.
I need to complete this job for a convalescent adult nursing center.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back