Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connect.It query on target DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

traceyr

Technical User
Aug 16, 2002
DE
Can anyone point me to a description of how a Connect.It scenario can query e.g. the AssetCenter DB, and use the information returned to determine a course of action? I have seen that this can be done but haven't found where it is described (RTM, with reference, welcome!!).
many thanks in advance.

I'm not sure to understand what you want to do, but I guess you want to query the AC database inside a mapping to retrieve a record, and determine the mapping action from this record.
If so, take a look at the PifNewQueryXXX and PifQueryXXX BASIC functions in the programming reference manual.
There is also a technote explaing how to use them on the support site ("How to query a target system during a mapping").

Thanks reno78. Just what the doctor ordered (why didn't I look for a technote *before* posting? Doh!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back