Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connect-It Connectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcurrygb

Programmer
Jul 19, 2002
GB
Does anybody have details about what connectors are available for Connect-It. I tried to find out on the peregrine site, but couldn't find any details. Personally I think the designers of the Peregrine website should be hung or at least soundly beaten. It is almost impossible to find technical information on the site about Peregrine products particularly Connect-It.

George

It's sometimes a nightmare to get a hand on informations from Peregrine. For existing customer there's access to support pages, if not you have to contact Peregrine sales.

But I try to give you some informations about Connect-IT and adapters. They offer i.e. for LDAP, XML, Mail, database, text and Remedy Service Management.
If you need further information let me know.

List of base connectors (delivered with engine)

Asset Management connector
Action Request System connector
Command-line connector
InfraTools Desktop Discovery connector
InfraTools Network Discovery connector
InfraTools Management connector
FacilityCenter connector
NT Security connector
Gateway 3.x connectors
PDA Inventory connector
ServiceCenter connector
TeleCenter connector
Delimited-text connector
XML connector

List of optionnal connectors (extra-license needed)

Asset Insight connector
Database connector
E-mail connectors
XML listening connector
Intel LANDesk connectors
LDAP connector
Lotus Notes connector
MQSeries connector
SCAuto listening connector
SMS 1.x and SMS 2.x connectors
Tivoli Enterprise Console connector (sending)
Tivoli Enterprise Console connector (receiving)
TS.Census connector
Tivoli Inventory connector (versions 3.1 and 3.6)
Unicenter AMO connector
Winpark Actima connector
Web Services connector
JDBC connector

I was checking version 3.2.0 of Connect-It, and TEC 3.8 is still not in the list.
Does anybody have any information about this? Thanks!

I have implemented Connect it 3.2.0 with TEC 3.8 for Peregrine. Fire away and I will see what I can help you with. We have it working for creating PSC tickets and then closing TEC evenets when the PSC ticket is closed.

Well, I really appreciate the help. Can you send me the scenario? Or some info you might find usefull...
My mail is servicecenter@mail2world.com
Thanks a lot!

I would use connect it 3.2.1 with TEC. The default Connect IT adapters worked out of the box. I added some configuration changes and basic scripts to manipulate the data that came across. Is there a specific problem that you are encountering?

The the Scenerio that we got is from IBM and it is called IRM_TEC and TEC_IRM. I am unable to give you the scenerio and it would not run without proper licences. I am able to help you with the config and problems that may arrise.

Hello BexConsulting,

We are trying to setup connect it 3.2.1 with TEC and cannot get the TEC Connector to start. Is it possible to get a copy of your scenario file? The error we are getting is:

// Application: Connect-It Scenario Builder 3.2.1.3304
// Executable: C:\Program Files\Peregrine\ConnectIt\bin32\conitgui.ovl
// User: Administrator

2003/10/29 10:41:42.966 1 1 [LIB] Java class 'com/tivoli/tec/eif/EIFException' not found.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards

Rick
rickc@northwind.com

You are probably missing the eif.jar on your classpath. The jar file itself is distributed with the TEC software, so you can locate it on your TEC server.

The eif.jar file is not provided anymore with the Tivoli TEC 3.8. What needs to be done to have the connect.it adapters working with 3.8?

e.g.: copy the eif.jar from tivoli 3.7.1 is enough ?
or do any particular configuration in any configuration file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back