Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connect 2 Separate Web System Data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlvic

MIS
Jun 15, 2017
AE
Hello,

I have 2 Web Based System 1 is Real Estate Portal and the other one is Property management CRM

The 2 System have almost same property fields, like bedrooms , bathrooms etc.. Both 2 System built with Codeigniter framework but different db structure.

So I'm thinking that if 2 System can share data or fields? Example If I put a details On CRM also on portal will be updated.

This is possible? If Yes, Anyone can give guidelines or tips how to do it?

Regards,
Carlvic

The answer is: ... Maybe.

Tips? Sure.

Hire a developer who understands whatever database server/engine the db uses.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.

Never mind this jesus character, stars had to die for me to live.

Ok thanks,

But on my country there's a real estate crm software company. And this company said If I have a property listing portal they can connect that CRM to my Portal using a html tags they said.
This thing is possible? Because I saw also some demo almost all of property listing portal in my country connected to this crm. So when you list or add property in this crm also go with my portal.

But since I our company have own CRM I'm thinking how this thing works.

Carlvic said:
...this company said If I have a property listing portal they can connect that CRM to my Portal using a html tags...

This is likely a billed service from the company ...that you're hoping to do yourself. There is a true cost either way.

Keep in mind that if you do this on your own without the company's service, you may need to frequently maintain/revise your portal as the company evolves their own CRM product.

carlvic,

This is nothing complicated. The key here "where does the data reside" and is this accessible to your portal!?!

If you are hosting both within the same server (or even if remote), all you have to do is set your application query the database and the database to be accessible remotely if not in same local server.

Remember, a site can access/retrieve data from any number of databases at once, it is a matter of pointing to the database/tables as data is queried.

--
SouthBeach
The good thing about not knowing is the opportunity to learn - Yours truly, 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back