Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connect 2 PCs to 1 autocreated printer???

Status
Not open for further replies.

deefer

Technical User
Oct 9, 2001
AU
We have an outpost with 2 PCs (W2K) connecting to farm (Metaframe XP). They only have 1 printer which hangs off the back of 1 PC. When they connect to metaframe (it can be to either of 2 servers) Can I set it up so that they can both print to the one printer? Also, can these settings be retained. They connect via NFuse.

Thanks in advance and hope.....

From the PC with the printer attached, share the printer. The 2nd PC add the shared printer and before running NFuse, select that printer as a default printer.
Should work. Only the 1st PC has to be on line for the 2nd one to print...

Hi there - I've shared the printer while it's logged on to metaframe and then given the other user full access. this works fine but doesn't save when they log off.

I know I'm doing something really dumb but not sure what!

I shouldn't think it will save the setting. Citrix server will try to auto create the client's default printer as a printer for that session.
I suppose you can use the logon script but I have not used one before so I cannot advice you on that. Other people will be able to help I am sure.
What I would do if I were you is to have the 2nd PC add the shared printer as a network printer permanently then get the user of the 2nd PC set this printer as a default printer whenever he's running a citrix application. Then the Citrix server should auto create this printer for his session.

I hope this helps

Hello,
Try deleting the comments of the AutoCreated printer. By doing that, the print queue will not be deleted when the user logs off. Thus settings will be kept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back